Family Visas

Partner visa subclass 820 or 309 (First Stage)

You may be eligible for a partner visa if you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. You must either be married or be living together in a de-facto relationship.

Applying for a Partner visa subclass 820 or 309 is a two-stage process. However, you apply for the temporary (820 or 309) and permanent Visa (subclass 801 or 100 respectively) at the same time.

1st Stage 820 / 309 Visa

Second Stage for Provisional Partner Visa Holders (Subclass 801 and 100)

This is the second-stage of Partner visa subclass 820 and 309 respectively.

2nd Stage 801 / 100 Visa

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

The Prospective Marriage Visa (or fiancé visa) is a 9-month temporary visa which allows applicants to travel to Australia to marry their Australian partner. Once married, you would look at applying for a partner visa to obtain your permanent residence within the visa validity.

Once granted, the Subclass 300 visa is valid for nine months from date of grant (although Covid concessions appear to still be in play and our experience is that Subclass 300 visas are still being granted for 15 months). You must enter Australia within the visa validity period (9 to 15 months). Once you are in Australia, you must get married (you cannot get married before you arrive in Australia). You can then apply for the onshore Subclass 820 visa based on your marriage.

300 Visa

Parent Visas (Temporary and Permanent Options)

So you’ve migrated to Australia and now you wish to have your parents join you!

Nearly half of all Australians were either born overseas or had at least one parent who was.

The Parent Visa enables parents of children who are Australian citizens or permanent residents to be sponsored for permanent residence in Australia.

Parent Visa

Temporary Sponsored Parent subclass 870 Visa

The Subclass 870 visa is a temporary visa which allows a parent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to visit Australia for up to three (3) or five (5) years.

It provides parents and grandparents with a pathway to reunite and spend time together, in Australia,  for a continuous period of up to five years.

870 Visa

Child Visa

A child will require a visa if they are not the holder of a permanent visa, and are intending to travel to, enter, or remain in Australia indefinitely.

A child visa allows the holder to live in Australia permanently if they are the child of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

There is also a temporary child visa available for children of temporary partner visas (Subclass 820 or 309).

Child Visa

Partner 461 Visa for New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship

If you are married or in a de-facto relationship with a New Zealand citizen either living in Australia or offshore, the Subclass 461 visa may be a suitable option for you.  The Subclass 461 visa is also available to other eligible family members of New Zealand citizens.

You need to be an eligible family member of someone living in Australia on a Subclass 444 or been traveling to Australia with a family member who will be granted a Subclass 444 on arrival.

This visa allows you to live and work in Australia for up to five years and can be renewed as long as you continue to meet the criteria for the grant of the visa.

461 Visa

Before any immigration advice can be provided, we must hold an initial consultation which will attract a fee of $385.

To top
Google Rating
Based on 350 reviews