Book a Consultation

Home » Immigration News » How do I obtain a work visa for Australia ?

How do I obtain a work visa for Australia ?

Australia is a popular destination for those seeking quality of life and job opportunities. If you want to work in Australia, you are required to apply for an appropriate work visa.

There are different options for you dependent on your age, country of birth and skills.

Working Visa Australia from 18 to 30 years old

If you are between 18 to 30 years of age, depending upon your nationality, you may consider the Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa or the Work and Holiday (subclass 462).

The major differences between the two visas are that Work and Holiday visa arrangements generally have caps on the number of visas granted annually and additional eligibility requirements.

Working Visa Australia over 30 years old

Visa Streams for 25-44 years of age to obtain a work visa are:

  1. General Skilled Migration (GSM)
    General skilled migration is aimed towards highly skilled individuals in an occupation in demand in Australia, who are under 45 years of age with a high level of English and do not have an Australian employer who wishes to sponsor them for a visa. This is a points-based system and requires an Expression of interest in SkillSelect before obtaining an invitation to lodge an application for permanent residency. The main visa options are:

  2. Employer Sponsorship
    Whether you are currently overseas or in Australia, and have an Australian employer who has shown an interest in sponsoring you, you may be able to obtain a temporary or permanent visa through employer sponsorship. Your visa eligibility depends on:

    • The location of your employer
    • The employer’s approval to sponsor
    • The amount and type of work experience you have
    • Any post-secondary qualifications
    • Your occupation
    • Salary Being Offered

    The main Employer Sponsorship streams are:

  3. Labour Agreements
    Labour agreements are individually negotiated between the employer and the Department of Home Affairs and can be used to sponsor employees on a larger scale or in occupations not on the skilled occupation lists. Due to the complexity of the submissions and evidence required, labour agreements are only recommended where a large number of workers are to be sponsored.

Published Wed 9 January 2019. Tags: , , ,


Related News